Friday 10 February 2012

Materials?




Now I've thought about what is going to be in my space I need to consider what it will be made from. My initial thoughts whilst thinking of my design was something similar to a children's indoor jungle gym.
However I want to consider the history of Ancoats more and intertwine this into the design. During my research I looked at the designers Luzinterruptus who used recycle bags withina few pieces of their work. The concept of recycling and eco-friendly could be a good route to look into. The mushrooms made by SITU studio provided the link to fabric, so I intend to look into ways to use fabric, clothing and cotton (considering Ancoats history includes cotton factories).
Guerra de la Paz is the combination of Alain Guerra and Neraldo de la Paz—who recover landfill-bound clothing and render them into subversive art installations. This particular one reminds me of a forest with trees, grass and mushrooms and flowers in. I love the effect of it but if I were to include this style I need to consider how the participant can move through the installation.

No comments:

Post a Comment